Brewspin quite simply is a digital adaptation of 2007 World Barista Championship winner and coffee expert James Hoffman's coffee dice. Designed & developed with James's explicit permission, the goal of this product is to encourage exploration, trying new flavours and having fun with your aeropress.
The original, physical version of the Coffee Dice are available here.
Brewspin is not associated with Aeropress ™ in any way.
Parameters that make a great recipe
- Grind Size : Grind size determines how the water flows through the coffee. For brewspin, the grind sizes and paired with the right amount of brew time.
- Coffee to Water Ratio : Different ratios provide differnet yields and flavour profiles.
- Orientation & Bloom : The Aeropress is unique since the orientation of the unit itself helps determine the process and hence the taste.
- Stirring : Sounds trivial but stirring determines the flavour in a massive way by agitating the coffee just the right amount so the brew is even.
- Temperature : If the water tastes bad, so will the coffee. This gets even more pertinent when the temperature of the coffee determines the strength of the brew.